Rare sugar syrup
Thanks to cooperation in Kagawa between industry, academia, and the government, in 2009, syrup containing around 15% D-allulose and other rare sugars (the remaining 85% being glucose and fructose) became a commercial product. Afterwards, various other products began to use the syrup in their production. These included foods such as cakes, donuts, jellies, and so on. And it has also been used in food other than sweets. Restaurants have used the syrup in cooking, trying it for the first time in interesting ways such as in the broth for udon. In July, 2013, the syrup manufacturing factory (Matsutani Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. Bannosu Factory) was completed in Utazu. It has the capability to produce enough product to supply all of Japan, so plans to expand beyond the prefecture are in motion.
|Location||4001-11 YoshidaUtazu, Ayauta District, Kagawa (within Bannosu Coastal Industrial Park)|
|Site Area||10,422 square meters|
|Building Area||2,103 square meters|
|Total Floor Area||3,510 square meters|
|Main Buildings||Production Facility Office|
|Production Volume (Maximum)||Syrup Containing Rare Sugar 1,000 tons/month|
|Total Investment||About ¥2.6 billion|
Co., Ltd. Bannosu Factory
This is the seal for rare sugar.
The Association for Rare Sugar Promotion permits rare sugar products (foods) to use this seal if they meet certain standards.
For more on the seal and products that use it, please check with the association.